7 plays that should be in your cybersecurity playbook to better protect your company from hackers and cyberthieves
They’re waiting for the shoe to drop in the form of ransomware, stolen customer personal account information, asset appropriation, or even brazen grabs for intellectual property made available through missteps made by gullible employees.
It’s extremely likely, for example, that right at this very moment without your knowledge, information from or about your company in the form of stolen passwords, credit card numbers, and personal information is being traded on the Dark Web.
Installing and managing a robust cybersecurity defense strategy after the fact is not a solution. There’s not a lack cybersecurity facts, figures and statistics available that should drive small and medium size business owners to sleepless nights and fears of writing big checks to cyber consultants and software companies.
Do you really need to raise your hand and surrender, or can you go on the offensive with a cyber attack strategy and pitch a shutout?
Going on the Offensive Against Cyberattacks
Truth be told, there will never be a way to secure a 100% guarantee that your company won’t be exposed to cyber risk or attack, but rather than ignore the situation or wait for the inevitable, it is time to consider going on the offensive.
Going on the offensive means installing layers of cybersecurity products, services and technologies that deliver 24x7x365 monitoring and robust barriers that stop or even defeat attacks in real-time. It means keeping abreast of threats and the technologies available to deal with those threats. It means a well-educated and responsible workforce. It also means developing, installing and monitoring plans, processes and technologies acting in concert with one another, rather than as unrelated standalone capabilities.
Today, integrated cybersecurity defense is the new cybersecurity offense.
A Playbook for a Cybersecurity Defense Strategy
Your Cybersecurity Playbook must be able to deal in the time continuum - the present (24x7 security monitoring), future (vulnerability scanning) and past (Dark Web scanning & reporting). Here are seven ways that can serve as a foundation for your organization’s offense strategies against cybercriminals:
- Cybersecurity Strategy Play 1: Have a security assessment conducted and a penetration test completed on a regular basis to expose internal and external risks
- Cybersecurity Strategy Play 2: Create and execute a remediation plan to address issues found in the assessments and penetration tests
- Cybersecurity Strategy Play 3: Ensure that your business has a robust backups solution in place in addition to a disaster recovery plan to mitigate data loss and ransomware impacts
- Cybersecurity Strategy Play 4: Identify a tool set for 24x7x365 managed continuous security monitoring to identify attacks happening in real-time
- Cybersecurity Strategy Play 5: Purchase an annual security awareness training program subscription for all of your employees to participate in
- Cybersecurity Strategy Play 6: Do regular scans of the Dark Web to identify your exposure. You can do this fee of charge, with the compliments of DataSure24 here.
- Cybersecurity Strategy Play 7: Create, install and do regular, periodic updates of a disaster recovery and response plan for your company.
Let Us Help You Develop, Install and Manage a Cybersecurity Playbook for Your Company
The cybersecurity experts at DataSure24 stand prepared to render assistance, consultations, services and products to help you protect your computers and network.
We provide Managed Security services, including vulnerability scanning and intrusion detection, as well as Disaster Avoidance/Recovery solutions for protecting data, maintaining availability and minimizing cyber-attacks. We also provide a variety of Security Training Awareness programs and services for making your employees a critical part of your company’s cybersecurity defense systems.
If you are concerned about your company’s ability to fend off a cyberattack, complete and submit the form, call me at 716.600.3724 ex 225 and schedule a no cost/ no obligation review of your situation, today.View full article